Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Progress and Michael Jackson

I have been doing better, getting back into the routine of exercising at least 4-5 times/week. I was slacking for a while, only making it to the gym twice a week. It is so hard to get motivated again and back into the swing of things once you are out of your routine. But my journey is not over...and will never be...
Things I have really enjoyed this summer (compared to last summer):
- shopping for new clothes, smaller sizes!
- taking Charlie to the pool (wearing a swimsuit in public!)
- wearing sleeveless shirts
- attending events and ENJOYING them...not worrying about what I looked like the whole time
- seeing people I haven't seen in a while...and their reactions

I still have about 30 more pounds I would like to lose, but from where I started...that is a small feat! I go back to see my doctor next week and I am looking forward to seeing how much I have lost since my last appointment with him.

OK- on to more important news: Last weekend we welcomed a new addition to our family!
Introducing.....

Michael Jackson Farrell (MJ)


MJ has been a great addition to our family. He is incredibly sweet and very tolerant of Charlie. He has not hissed once! And as soon as you touch him, he is purring. Very sweet kitty. Charlie wakes up each morning asking for him, and goes to bed each night talking about him. I know the new will wear off soon, but he is really enjoying his new kitty!
His name: Those of you who know me, know that I have been ...well...a little obsessed with all of the Michael Jackson hoopla. I have watched every 20/20, Primetime, Dateline, 48 Hours, YOU NAME IT....I could write a book on Michael Jackson! When I saw our little kitty for the first time...he was black AND white...and it came to me instantly....MJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment