Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Soakin up the sun in Sargent!!!!

Hawaii???.....nope Sargent Sunset!


This weekend was a blast! We have decided to make it an annual "cousins" event! My cousin, Amy, thinks that we should plan it somewhere a little less "outdoorsy"...with better accommodations next year, i.e. Vegas! Sargent's accommodations are a little rough!

In addition to all of the fun, and NO KIDS...the weekend took on a much deeper meaning to me. It was the first time since I can remember that I actually enjoyed myself, and felt comfortable. I wasn't worried constantly about how tight my clothes were, or worried about everyone talking behind my back at how much weight I had put on. It was actually quite the opposite!!!
I wore my new bathing suit (which was a little too big!) most of the weekend, and didn't feel uncomfortable...or like I was wearing a tent. ALL weekend I got compliments on how great I looked, and how hard I have worked, and it was the best feeling in the world. A couple of my cousins were even asking me advice on keeping the motivation, exercise, and eating...unbelievable. Never in a million years did I think anyone would ask me for exercise advice! Paul might agree that it is still too early for that! Ha! But, it was a wonderful feeling, and it only made me more motivated to keep going!

I have lost 41 pounds since January, I still have 35-40 more I want to lose. I can do it!!!

Pray for me today: It is outside day, and I don't know if anyone has checked the weather channel, but it is supposed to be TRIPLE digits. I am going to die!!! Probably a good thing I enjoyed myself this weekend, it might have been my last!

Below are a few pics from the weekend:

My brother, Chad, and me


Ryan and I at the fancy restaurant!

Cap'n Chad

My cousin Kelly and me on the boat


3 comments:

  1. you just make me happy everyday! I was grumpy today and your post just gave me a new light. I am proud of you and you just glow and look amazing!
    Keep up the good work and know that you are inspiring others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing in these pictures! im so jealous i wasnt there :( i'll be there next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and...is that your hand on your hip in the picture of you and kelly? no more making fun of me :)

    ReplyDelete