Monday, May 18, 2009

Fun Weekend....getting back on track!!!

This weekend I decided to throw caution to the wind and eat like a cow and drink like a fish....both, not brilliant on my part. My body is not happy with me at the moment.
I have 40 more pounds to lose...and in Paul's words, I have been mickeymousing around for 2 weeks and I have to get serious again! I have been training hard and eating right, don't get me wrong, I have just slacked off a little since the real "competition" ended. I have only been working out 4-5 times a week...compared to 8-10 times! And as for my diet...I BLEW it this weekend. Although in my defense, it's Paul's fault! Haha! It was his graduation that sent me to alcohol and fried food!!! I know, I know...not his fault...but he did have something to do with it!
What I have to do now is not to dwell on my mistakes...and focus on today. I am determined to be back in gear and in the frame of mind to keep going on this journey.
I am ready.
I work out with Paul today at 5:30...it is going to be tough...but mandatory. The good thing about Paul is he will give it to me straight. He doesn't sugar coat anything or let me off the hook when I start slacking. I just thank God that I won the fitness challenge and still have him around to train me for three more months because I need it! I need the tough love! He and Ryan are good for me.

My goals for this week:
- workout a minimum of 6 times...M,W,F (5:30pm with Paul) and T,W,TH,F (5:00am cardio) and possibly a kickboxing class on Sunday.
- DRINK MORE WATER (I have been slacking big time in this area!)
- Start keeping my food journal again (it really helps and keeps me accountable)

I feel that in the last 2 weeks I have eased out of my strict routine as far as knowing EXACTLY when and what time I am eating/working out/etc..
I think if I get back on my schedule, and feel a bit more organized, it will help. I did step on the scale this morning and I miraculously have not gained any weight. However I did not lose any weight this week either. I am still doing well, my expectations and standards for myself are on a different level than they were 4 months ago! Its a good thing!!! If you don't have high expectations for yourself or set high standards, you will never reach your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment