Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Week 13!

Paul and I had a great workout on Monday....just like nothings changed! Except now I think he is even harder on me! Which is a good thing. I have a ways to go to meet my goals and I am so incredibly excited and grateful I have Paul with me for three more months.
I know I have said this a million times but the outpouring of support has just been overwhelming. In 12 weeks I have become a completely different person. I can not describe the feeling of being healthy, the feeling of self worth and accomplishment, the excitement for the future. I had reached a point in my life that I no longer cared about myself. My life felt it really had no purpose other than Charlie. It wasn't fair to my husband, Charlie, other friends and family, and mostly myself. I had reached the point that I did not even want to be seen in public, for fear I might run into someone from my past who would gawk at the fatty I had become. There are no words that can describe the happiness that has entered my life again, the feeling that I can reach any goal I put my mind to. I never thought I would EVER be physically active and I WON THE MARETHOUSE FITNESS CHALLENGE!!!!
I am still floating on Cloud 9....

OK---I am done, sorry for the tangent! My journey is not over, it has only just begun. (OK, now I sound like a self help book, I apologize again!) But its true, this is something I will need to do for the rest of my life to stay healthy and happy. I have embraced that.

If it is OK with everyone, I don't want to stop blogging. It has been so therapeutic and helpful for me! I have come te rely on my loyal blog readers for advice and positive reinforcement!

Motivational Moments from Paul on Monday.....
- "You didn't win this thing by sitting on your butt...."

- "Ashley, how does that weight feel...(Ashley)Good....Good, because the weight doesn't get much lower"

1 comment:

  1. it is so exciting that you will be continuing your journey to good health! Keep embracing this lifestyle and you will be one "hot mama"!!

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete