Friday, May 1, 2009

Positive Thoughts and LOTS of Prayer

Ok, today is it. I have made it. Survived. Come farther than I ever dreamed I could in 12 weeks. I have been so blessed by all of the support, I can't even begin to figure out how I will repay everyone.
My progress since January....
- I have lost 34.2 pounds
- My blood pressure is PERFECT
- My cholesterol is lower than it has ever been, and I will not have to be put on medication
- My Body Fat % has decreased almost 10%
- I am healthy enough for fertility treatments
- Pap (female issues) went from abnormal in December, back to normal this month
- I went from not being able to walk up ONE flight of stairs, to running FIVE flights at a time (between exercises)
- I have gone down 4 pant sizes and 3 shirt sizes
- I have energy to play with my son
- My resting heart rate has improved from 100 to 63
- I have developed new friendships that will last a life time
- My self worth has improved tremendously

I could go on and on...
I can not even express my gratitude to MaretHouse Fitness, David, and especially Paul for saving my life. I have not only gained knowledge on physically how to become healthy, strong, and reach my fitness goals...I have completely learned to change my lifestyle and I have stuck with it. This is not a fad diet, or extreme measure to make a quick fix...this has been a COMPLETE lifestyle change for me. I am a different person entirely than I was 12 weeks ago. I will be forever grateful that I was chosen for this challenge.

Ok, now that tears are running down my cheeks as I type....I just want to ask again for PRAYERS. I will receive 3 more months of training and a year membership if I can pull off a win. Can you imagine where I could be in 3 months, or a year....it gives me chills just thinking about it. I have some very tough competitors, I hope what I have done is enough.

The winner will be announced tomorrow morning at the graduation ceremony.
A&M Methodist Church (located on Northgate)
The Great Hall
10 am

***At the beginning of this challenge, my husband took a "before" picture of me after my first workout. That night I stared at that picture and cried. I told him there was no way that I would ever show anyone this picture.
The next picture is me....this morning....






3 comments:

  1. Okay I am officially in tears too. I have kept up with all your milestones along the way, but to see this nice long list just blows me away!
    I AM SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU1111

    Love ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are amazing!!!!!! You look beautiful!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so proud of you ashley! i love you so so much and i look up to you more than you can even imagine! you look so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete