Tuesday, February 9, 2010

One day at a time

Last night I started training again with Paul. I was nervous, but all in all it wasn't that bad! This week we are starting back with only 30 minute sessions and then next week I will move to one hour sessions again. We focused on lower body and started off the fun with leg press. FYI- I still don't enjoy it! We then moved on and I got reacquainted with the stairs. I remember my first experience a year ago with the stairs...not pretty. I could not run up the stairs, it took everything I had to walk up and down them as I grasped the rail because I was not only out of shape but had zero balance in my overweight body. While I still don't look incredibly graceful I am running up and down the stairs and not touching the rails. Don't get me wrong...still huffing and puffing when I finish! We continued on with wall squats and for the grand finale we went to the middle of the gym where I completed 3 sets of 24 lunges....and I didn't collapse! And my 30 minutes was complete!
My goal is to be in the gym everyday the contestants are. In order to pull this off I am going to have to take Charlie back to the gym. Let's just our last experience at the gym was less than enjoyable. He pooped on Dave, then cried the entire time I worked out...I am hoping that time has given him more courage. If not, I am in trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment