Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Morning Madness!!!

I have come to the grim realization that I have to get in morning workouts in order to meet my exercise requirements for the week. I am currently working out with Paul Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 5pm. But we are required a minimum of 5 hours of exercise per week (including the 3 hours with our trainers) or we will have points deducted. And then if we complete any additional hours we will receive an extra 3 points per hour. The points are one of many aspects of the selection process to determine the winner of the 12 week fitness challenge. And unfortunately we have to complete our required hours and extra hours at the gym or we don't get credit for them. SO....back to my dilemma.....early mornings are going to have to be a must for me to reach my goals. The reason being, I do not enjoy working out late at night (after Charlie goes to bed) because it is extremely difficult for me to wind down for bed. Who am I kidding?! I dont enjoy working out at any hour!....YET. And I am already missing out on 3 hours a week that Ryan picks up and feeds Charlie, which he has been an incredible supportive husband by doing....but I don't want to miss anymore family time than I have to. When I work out at 5 am, I am not interfering with anyone (except my sleep!), and I have time to come home, shower, get Charlie ready, etc...
SO yesterday, I worked out at 5 am and I am still alive. So I guess it's not going to kill me. But today should go down in the record books, because I got up again (although EVERYTHING in me did not want to) and I worked out at 5 am and then I will go at 5 pm to meet Paul. Two work outs in one day? Who am I? This is a definite FIRST. In fact working out twice in one week is a first! If I'm being completely honest....working out twice in one month is a first!
I will update tomorrow if I have the strength to even type!

No comments:

Post a Comment