Thursday, February 19, 2009

No more mister nice guy...

Yesterday was my toughest so far! Starting with a 5 am cardio session and following up with a 5 pm training session with Paul, I worked hard! When I arrived at the gym at 5 yesterday evening, I quickly put my things away and met Paul in the office with my food journal. He told me "know more mister nice guy (with a smile) and said that he was going to kick my butt today!" And.....he succeeded. After my warm up on the bike, we traveled down stairs to start with sitting squats (FYI- I don't like anything with the word squat in it). We moved on to the leg press...then to side knee raises on the steps. Now I have to stop there a minute and say that on my first day in the gym (after the lunge incident) I could barley do one knee raise on the smallest step. Yesterday I did 20 on each leg two steps high for three sets! I really pushed myself and it felt good (well, not good literally, but you know what I mean!) and I think Paul was happy with my progress which motivated me too. So at this point I'm already huffing and puffing and Paul takes me to the freaking stairs...I hate the stairs too by the way. And he made me run up and down three times, for three sets....and I use the term "run" loosely! I was clenching the rails and gasping for breath by the time I finished, but I finished!!!
Then on to arms...Paul said we would try to do some "super sets". Well that sounds like a fun term, but it is really not. We worked my upper body on four different machines with no rest in between (hence the fun name "super sets"). I was dying!!!
We finished up with abs and just before I felt I might throw up.....we were finally done for the day! Lesson learned: Paul is not as nice as he appears.

Side note: The top of my right leg has been hurting since Monday(after the graceful fall at work), so David took a look at it and he thinks I might have a minor tear. Nothing serious, it should heal fine and not hold me back!

And another side note: I'm only kidding about Paul. In spite of him being a Cowboys fan, I could not ask for a better trainer. He is motivating, positive, and believes in me . I appreciate how hard he pushes me, it only makes me more determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment