Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One day at a time...

Yesterday was a very productive workout day. I started at 5 am and got in a good cardio session before work. I met Paul at the gym at 5 pm and we got started right away! Paul doesn't like to waste a minute and if we do get started a minute or two late...he has me working 10 minutes over...he's hardcore! But thats what I like about him and thats what I need! And we worked HARD. Starting with the "s" word of course....bench squats. From there we continued to fit in 9 different exercises and finished up with our best ab workout yet. And I was feeling it this morning too! I left the gym out of breath and unfortunately feeling nauseas again on my way home. I continued the tradition and threw up when I got home! I don't know if maybe I'm drinking too much water? or Paul is just trying to kill me? I'm not sure...but after I throw up, I do immediately feel better and I eat dinner and life goes on. Ryan (my husband) says.."Oh, it's normal to throw up after a good workout!". Have I mentioned that the post workout motivation from him annoys me a little?! I'm kidding! Ryan has been so wonderful and supportive throughout this fitness challenge so far, I could not do it without him! I'm a lucky girl.
This morning I hit the gym at 5 am again, my cardio workout was more of a struggle this morning, but I got through it and felt better after it was over. When I got home and Charlie(my 2 year old) woke up, I noticed that both of his eyed were crusted over and he had thick green drainage coming out of his nose...not good. Let me preface by saying that yesterday morning one of his eyes was crusty when he woke up, but I did what any great mother would do and wiped it with a hot washcloth and sent him to daycare! But it looked as though I couldn't mask it any longer. So I stayed home with him today and took him to the doctor. WHich actually turned out to be an encouraging trip, because both his doctor and nurse commented on how much weight I have lost( I don't see it, but very nice to hear). Charlie had a sinus infection, so I'm glad I took him in. It hasn't slowed him down a bit, or even seemed to make him feel bad at all. We spent most of the day playing outside (I walked him to the park about a mile away..) and it was a fun day to stay home and spend time with him. Although when Daddy got home, I was happy to hand him over! All in all, it was a good day :)

***Although I am feeling so proud and still very excited and motivated about this journey I am on...I have to admit I am feeling a bit dissapointed in my weight loss. I read my biggest competitor, Sterling's blog this evening and he has lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks! I know that we have different weight loss goals, and I know that I can not compare his success to mine. And I have to say that he seems like such an amazing person who I want to see succeed and meet his goals and he has been an inspiration to me. But I can't help but be frustrated with myself. At the end of the day, I realize that I am only in competition with my self and this is changing my life for the better in so many ways. BUT...I also want to win! Or at least be a close contender!!! As of Jan. 1st I have actually lost 17 pounds, but after my first two weeks of the fitness challenge...I have lost 5 pounds. Which I know is GOOD...but the pain my body has been through...I feel like I should have lost 100 pounds! I think when I get my measurements taken, I will feel more motivated. Paul is doing an amazing job, he pushes me and is so positive, and works me harder than I have ever dreamed I could work. I could not have hand picked a better trainer for me. We have only been training together for a few weeks and I feel so comfortable with him, and I truly feel like he dedicates so much effort to seeing me succeed. I feel so incredibly lucky to have been chosen for this amazing opportunity, not everyone can say that they just get offered an opportunity like this on a silver platter. I am so blessed. So I need to quit feeling sorry for myself and get my ass in the gym!!!

My AWESOME aunt sent me a quote that she uses all the time, I can remember her saying it to me before, and I think it is something that everyone can relate to and benefit from.
"IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU WILL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ash,
    It's me, mom again. It's so inspiring to read how hard you're working. You make it sound so easy...and i know it is so not!!!! Those numbers over time WILL add up. I can see the inches just falling off. You look different everytime I see you!
    Love,
    Mom
    P.S. Thanks for the cute pix of Charlie today. It made my day better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I would try to show my support and encouragement by posting something inspirational every now and again.

    "The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!"

    You got the UMPH sister!

    ReplyDelete