Saturday, April 11, 2009

GOOD Friday

I met Paul bright and early at the gym yesterday for measurements and cardio. I was SO pleased to see that my blood pressure was PERFECT! And....so was my resting heart rate!!! Which we have had trouble with both of those the past 9 weeks. My resting heart rate has been 90-100....and yesterday is was 71! Paul was pumped. My body fat % has also drastically decreased. I have lost another pound as well. All in all, good results. It gave me a new burst of motivation to finish these last few weeks strong, and hurdle my competition for the WIN!!! At this point I have accomplished more than I ever thought I could and anything is possible. With the help of my husband, trainer, and the supportive family and friends...these last 9 weeks have changed my world compeltely-for the better. When I started I didnt even think I could finish, now I am in the running to win the whole challenge!
9 weeks ago when this competition began I worried that I would not be able to compare to the others, I worried that all of my hang ups I have had in the past would yet again be an excuse for me. My goal was to stick with it, not give up....and that is what I have done. I am a mom, wife and I work full time... I have always thought that I never had time to work out...nor did I really want to! I made my mind up at the beginning of this challenge that I was going to devote myself and work hard. And to my surprise I have made a complete lifestyle change. My eating habits are great, and I am in the gym EVERYDAY, even if I can only get there 30 minutes...I make what time I have count. It has paid off. I am at the end of this challenge and for the first time, I am not terrified. I feel I can keep these new habits and lifestyle and continue to improve on my own. I am excited to see what the future holds.

Back to yesterday....sorry I get off subject quickly! (ask my husband...)
I took my niece, Natalie to see the Hannah Montanah Movie! It was awesome!!! We loved it. As soon as the movie ended I rushed home, changed and headed back to the gym for round 2. Paul and I went outside and took advantage of the nice weather. He worked me HARD...skips, hops, lunges, push ups, squats, resistant bands back and chest exercises, sprints, etc...
The good news is he says I am not running so much like a duck anymore. I guess that was a compliment! He will be gone until Tuesday which means that I will be doing my workout on my own Monday. 6 weeks ago, that would have terrified me...but I think I can do it. He wrote everything out for me and we went over each exercise, and I think I will be just fine.

I plan to work out this afternoon, and again tomorrow. I am in it to win it! I am going to bust it these last few weeks. I am the "dark horse"(american idol lingo) in this competition....watch out Sterling and Eaphrame....

No comments:

Post a Comment