Friday, April 3, 2009

TGIF

No worries....Paul did not kill me on Wednesday afternoon. I'm sure everyone was worried, and lost sleep because I didn't post yesterday! Yeah right. Well, the April Fools joke was probably not the best idea, BUT in my defense I had no idea it would get out of hand like it did! I think Paul tried to break my legs on Wednesday afternoon to get even. But I survived and thankful I am still here to talk(type) about it!
I was able to get in a good cardio workout last night and again this morning. Paul met me at the gym at 6, and we did the high intensity interval training on the elliptical. It was good! I burned almost 300 calories in 25 minutes...not bad! Paul rocked, he burned well over 300 calories....showoff.
I will meet Paul again tonight at 5pm for our training session. And it is....WEIGH IN DAY, so everyone keep your fingers crossed! I am hoping for more progress.
I am looking forward to the weekend. Ryan, Charlie and I are going to try and get out for a while and enjoy this beautiful weather. Of course, I will still get in my workouts both days as well.
I am starting to feel confident that I will be able to keep this new lifestyle change up after the 12 weeks is over. That has been the most terrifying thing for me...the reality of doing this all by myself. The healthy eating is not difficult for me. Don't get me wrong...I would prefer Mexican food 7 days a week. But I like healthy food, and it is easy for me to eat healthy once I get into the habit. It's the working out that is the HUGE change in my life. And I can actually say for the first time in my life....that I am starting to....maybe a little bit.....beginning to.....become addicted!!!! I have heard crazy rumors of people actually enjoying this...but I always assumed those people were psycho. Who would actually enjoy putting your body through that....on purpose?
But the benefits are unbelievable. I think I am becoming addicted to the results. Pray I can hold on to this feeling, dedication, motivation, and I WILL REACH MY GOALS!!!!

***SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST***
Please pray for Ann, Paul's grandmother. She lives with Paul's parents. She took a turn for the worse last weekend and this week suffered a stroke, and is in the hospital. She is in need of prayer for healing and comfort. Please also pray for Glenda, Paul's Mom. She is in need of rest, strength, and peace of mind during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment