Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Midweek Motivation

Last night I put in a HARD two hour cardio workout at the gym. I don't know if I have ever sweat that much in my life. I pushed myself. And it felt good.....until this morning when I rolled out of bed, super sore!
I went to the hospital before work and had my blood drawn, I am hoping for good results. I am hoping that I have made a significant improvement in my cholesterol.
I have training with Paul at 5 and it is our day to go outside....not a good day for me to be sore! I know he will push me hard. I am actually looking forward to it.
I have been so anxious and nervous nearing the end of this competition. I am trying to do everything I can to make every day count. This has been a rough road, but SO worth it. And I know it is only the beginning. I am not finished. I have a lot more work to do once this competition is over. I never thought it possible that I could be so unhealthy and over weight at my age. But I also never thought it possible that I could be a Mom, work full time, and be able to exercise regularly. This competition has taught me so much not only about eating right and exercise (because I have never exercised in my life), but it has taught me so much about my self. I have learned that I can do anything if I put my mind and heart into it and if I want it bad enough....and I do! It's been a wonderful, eye-opening experience.....and its only the beginning.

"Winning isn't everything....but wanting to win is."
-Vince Lombardi

This next quote reminded me of something my Dad would say...(he was a highschool baseball and football coach)

"Don't bunt. Aim out of the ballpark"
-David Ogilivy

No comments:

Post a Comment