Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ashley's Got her Groove Back!

I am out of my funk, and back to being motivated! Thanks to everyone for all of their support. As soon as I walked in the gym yesterday David (Marethouse) jumped on my back...FYI- he is crazy! It was a nice welcome though! I went to put my stuff away and met Paul in the office. Paul was in a great mood which I have said before makes me nervous sometimes...but it's usually a good thing. It was our "outside" day. I like outside day, but Paul works me to death. AND don't worry, he didn't disappoint. I keep thinking that the workouts can't get harder and they KEEP GETTING HARDER!!! It was a beautiful day and the best part was that Paul put together a texas country mix for us to listen to. Paul and I LOVE country music and everyone else pretty much gives us a hard time for it. But I think it really helped me yesterday....pumped me up and I pushed myself hard. Almost too hard. I thought I was going to throw up....but I made it. Our last set Paul asked me if I wanted to quit and go in, I told him I AM NO QUITTER! Although I truthfully wanted to quit. I wanted to throw up and quit. But I didn't. I finished.
I think in my previous post I gave Paul a bad name from some of his "motivational" comments...let me set the record straight. He is AWESOME. He tells me constantly how much I am improving and how proud he is of me. He knows that I need the attention! BUT...we are quite comfortable with eachother now, so he does like to slip in the occasional comments that are less than complimentary! He thinks he is really funny, and I make sure and tell him HE IS NOT!
Yesterdays "motivational" comment for the day...."Ashley, its not actually jumping when your feet don't come off the ground".....nice huh?! For your information Paul --I have a lot to lift off the ground!!!
It is exciting to see my progress outside. Although it is incredibly tough. I am recovering between exercises a lot faster. I am able to practice better form on my exercises, and I am able to attempt more challenging exercises. I think it was exactly what I needed yesterday, I am offically out of my funk. And my competitive juices are flowing again...I WANT TO WIN.

Another side note....just because it has been on my mind. I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He has been more than supportive through this journey than I ever thought possible. Not only has he stepped up his game at home...helping a ton with Charlie and housework....he listens to me talk non-stop about my progress or concerns. He has been nothing but positive and cheering me on every step of the way. It has brought us closer and I appreciate him so much for that. He knows how important this is to me, and I think he is proud to see me so passionate about something. He has always been active...hunting, fishing, golf, softball,working out, etc...he leads a fun life! It has been hard for me in the past to feel like my extra curricular activities only included laundry and changing diapers. My new lifestyle change is helping my self confidence, making me a better and more active mom and wife, and opeing avenues for me to enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment