Friday, March 6, 2009

Mingling with the Competition...

I made it to the gym last night and again this morning! Hooray! In fact I am super sore from my cardio workout last night. It might have something to do with .... me staying on the elliptical for and hour and 20 minutes! This is what happened....
I'm going along minding my own business trying to get my cardio workout on, and in walks "Mr. Machine in the Gym" himself...that's right... Sterling. He and his better half marched up stairs and surrounded me on the machines, one on one side of me, and one on the other. No where to go, no where to hide.....
I'm kidding! Sterling and his girlfriend were great! We chatted for a while and then tried to out do each other on the cardio! I have to admit, it was major motivation having him next to me. I have never been on the elliptical for over an hour. And I felt it this morning! Of course I was trying to whisper sweet nothings about Casa Rod in his ear, and fill his head with images of enchiladas and queso...we will see if it works! Ha! Ha!

I just barely made it to the gym this morning, I sincerely wanted that extra hour of sleep, but I made it! I decided because I was so sore from last night that I would change things up a bit this morning and hop on the bike. Well, keep in mind it was really early...and I was really tired...and sore...and you know how graceful I am....I sat down and adjusted the seat and started pedaling away. Well...I adjusted to far...and my knew slammed into the machine and not only left a big red whelp, but it started bleeding! But I am so strong that I was able to toughen it out for 30 minutes! Lord help me :)

Hopefully tonight will be more successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment