Saturday, March 14, 2009

Making Progress...and working hard!

It has been an eventful couple of days! Yesterday after work I met Paul for my workout. He took my measurements, body fat % and blood pressure before we got started. And although I have only lost a pound this week, my measurements brought a smile to my face! I have lost 4 inches in my waist, I have lost an inch of each leg, and 3 inches in my hips. I still have a long way to go, but the measurements fueled motivation and I was proud of my progress after 4 1/2 weeks in the fitness challenge.
Paul proceeded to put me through a grueling workout. I was winded to say the least when we finally finished! It was a great workout. I was finishing up my last set when Sterling hobbled into the gym. I tried not to notice, but my heart broke for him as I saw how much pain he was in as he limped to a machine. What a trooper. David followed closely behind him and I heard him telling Sterling that he did not think it was a good idea to workout today, that he really needed to take it easy. Sterling was not listening, he asked for help and held on to Davids shoulders as he struggled to even sit on a machine.....I looked over and dropped my lip, I felt so bad for him, he looked like he was in SO much pain......THEN he jumped up in the air and yelled "JUST KIDDING!! I AM FINE! MY KNEE FEELS FINE!".....David and Paul broke out into laughter...the joke was on me. He was fine, he just wanted to see the horror and guilty look on my face!!! NOT FUNNY. I fall for everything.
After my workout, Sterling invited Ryan and I to join he and Jennifer, David Marethouse, and his girlfriend (another awesome trainer) Lindy, and Lindy's two daughters at Ninfa's. I am so glad we did, we had a blast! I don't think Ryan and I stopped laughing between Sterling and Madison (Lindy's oldest daughter) telling their funny jokes! From Ninfa's we went to Grand Station and enjoyed a game of laser tag and bowling. AND FOR THE RECORD....I BEAT STERLING IN BOWLING BIGTIME!!!!!! He was disgusted, and the victory was SWEET!!!!!
Sterling and I met at the gym this morning at 9. He was actually there at 8, but you now how he is....likes to one up me. We put in another awesome workout. And 3 1/2 hours later....we were finished. I just hope it is enough to clinch second place for another week. I plan to put in at least another hour of cardio tomorrow.

Monday will begin Week 6....can't believe it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment