Monday, March 30, 2009

Good Weekend, Good Workouts

OK...first I need to explain how committed I am to the challenge! On Friday afternoon I received a phone call from a professor that works in my dept. who had been away all week at a conference. He called my office phone around 4pm and told me that he was flying back to College Station and that JASON CASTRO was sitting next to him on the plane! He told me to meet him at the airport to meet him and his band and to get some pictures and autographs...I was so excited....EXCEPT he was landing at 5:15pm. I meet Paul at 5. I told him I couldn't do, I had to workout...I think he was a bit surprised! As was I. Paul wasn't super impressed.
Paul and I had a good workout Friday, I am still trying to gain all of my strength back from being sick, but feeling good. We had another great workout Saturday morning. We did a bunch of things that we had not done before. Which evidently is working because I AM SORE! And I know everyone will be pleased to hear I have a motivational comment from Paul:
"OK, so we have definitely determined you are not a power lifter"
He is sooo sweet, huh?
Ryan and I enjoyed ourselves Saturday night! We met Paul, Karen, Sterling and Jennifer for dinner at Cafe Eccell and it was delicious. I was a good girl and ordered red snapper and grilled vegetables. It was really good...and surprisingly filling. After dinner we headed to the concert. Jason was great! I have never been to Rudder Auditorium for a concert, and it was good and the sound was good...but different. It was a little hard for "concert Ashley" to come out at Rudder Auditorium. So, the good news is that I don't think I embarrassed anyone!
Sunday Charlie woke up with another draining ear infection. I am SO upset. I feel so bad for the little guy. We started the dreaded drops again. I was able to escape to the gym for cardio last night. And I did the high intensity interval training Paul showed me on Saturday. I am encouraged, it really burns calories....FAST!

I will meet Paul this afternoon for our workout, and hopefully get motivation from him. He is so good at it! I actually think he should write a book.

Diet Coke Update: 8 days strong...Wahoo!
(Saturday Sterling decided to come in to the gym with a HUGE fountain drink of diet coke...and then proceeded to open a can of diet coke right next to my ear...I think I might have even felt a drop or two on my cheek. If that wasn't enough he enjoyed THREE diet cokes at dinner Saturday night. I just thought everyone should know that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment