Monday, March 16, 2009

Sunday

I was able to get to the gym this evening and put in an hour and a half. Hopefully it will be enough to hold on to 2nd place. Sterling was up there too...of course. We were both having rough days. I think we worked ourselves so much this weekend, we were really dragging yesterday. I swear I felt like I had been drugged yesterday, I could hardly keep my eyes open all day, and just felt....blah. The weather didn't help either I'm sure. I am ready for some sunshine!!!
Although Sterling and I were "debbie downers" yesterday our convo was hilarious and I thought I should share: (he put it on his blog as well)
We came up with our favorite Top 5 foods that are sure to take years off your life! Keep in mind, these are the types of foods we were eating before we began this journey....no wonder we were picked!

TOP 5 FOODS IN COLLEGE STATION THAT WILL TAKE 10 YEARS OFF YOUR LIFE (but we thought were worth it!):

5) El Mobley- from Casa Rod - Large plate of mexican rice, topped with beef and chicken fajita meat, grilled onions, covered in queso, and sliced avocado....served with flour tortillas
4) Chicken Strips w/ gravy - from Chicken Express - served with FRIED okra, mashed potatoes and GRAVY...oh, and a buttery biscuit
3) Chicken Milano - from Boston's - Bow tie pasta tossed with chicken strips, roasted garlic, sautéed red onions, fresh basil, mushrooms and fresh Parmesan in a rosemary-sage CREAM sauce
2) Pepperoni Rolls - from Double Daves - Pizza dough rolled up filled with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni and grease....mmmmm...and FYI, Tuesdays are buy one, get one free :)
1) Craw fish Enchiladas - from Ninfa's - two or three enchiladas filled and covered with cheese, cheese, and more cheese...and craw fish, served of course with rice, beans....a basket of chips and yummy green sauce...of course with queso too...

OK, I am now #1...hungry, and #2 completely disgusted with myself! The sad part was it was hard for me to list just 5 things! Yuck.

I am also going to post one of my favorite classic prayers, that applies to me DAILY...no matter what mood I am in. I think it also hits home for a lot of other people, no matter what your struggles are.

May today I have peace within.
May I trust that I am exactly where I am meant to be.
May I not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May I use my gifts that I have received, and pass on the love that has been given to me.
May I be content with my self just the way I am.
May I let this knowledge settle into my bones, and allow my soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. (and workout!)

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet prayer!....and I'm hungary now too!!
    You're doing soooooo great! Those numbers from Friday give me chills!(and a smile:) Keep up the good work!
    Love ya,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my God!!!! I am not Charlie! I guess I was thinking about him! I feel retarded!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete