Wednesday, March 25, 2009

No Diet Coke and Strep Throat....

OK...so the good news is: I have been off DIET COKE for three days....and I am still alive!
The bad news is that I came down with strep throat....not good.
Sunday evening, I went to the gym and made myself finish an hour on the treadmill. I wasn't feeling great, but I thought I was just tired. Monday morning, I made myself get up and to the gym by 5:15am. I was very achy and could hardly swallow. I thought maybe because...it was 5am! I struggled through 45 minutes on the elliptical. When I left the gym, I felt worse. I could hardly swallow or move my neck. I was achy all over. I thought for sure I might have the flu. When I got home, I took my temp...102. Not good, this is not what I needed to kick butt in the gym this week!!! All I could think about was working out! Who am I?! I put in a call to the doctor and before they called me back, I headed up to urgent care. Not the flu, strep throat...the doctor must have thought I was crazy, because I told him I had to get better FAST. He gave me a shot and a strong antibiotic and said that I did need to take it easy for a couple days or I would have a relapse. Ugh..
I talked to Paul and he agreed with the doctor. I was bummed! Paul also said that he would be calling my work and checking with my supervisor and co-workers regarding the diet coke issue! Hard core? I told him I HAVE NOT HAD ANY FREAKING DIET COKE!!!!
My husband was a super hero and took care of Charlie while I was sick. Charlie was only able to escape into the bedroom two or three times to jump on top of me and say...."Mommy get up, Mommy get up....Mommy NOT sick....get up Mommy!!!"
I am back at work this morning, and feeling much better. I plan to meet Paul at 5 for our workout. Hopefully he will not make up for lost time! I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. And Paul and I are going to make up our missed workout sometime this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment