Friday, March 13, 2009

Finally Friday...

It has been a long week! Charlie is feeling a lot better, except for his right ear is now draining, so I think we have an infection in that one now....ugh. But Mimi (my mom) insisted on stealing him for a couple of days and so we met her last night to pick him up. He was super excited...anything goes at Mimi and Poppa's house! I will pick him up tomorrow, and it should only take a week to un-spoil him from the weekend!!! I am so grateful to have them close, Charlie adores his grandparents.
After I met my mom, I went to the gym to meet Sterling for our workout. We did a great combination of arm, leg, and heart rate increasing exercises, finishing each set with 10 minutes on the elliptical. The smack talking was flying as usual (although at times I was too winded to even give him a hard time!). He really pushes me when it comes to the upper body exercises, I am SO weak! And I push him a little more on the cardio. We are a good balance and great motivators for each other. Unfortunately I made a bad judgment call and wanted to finish one of our sets with "step ups". Sterling has knee problems, and I should have been more attentive to that. Instead I told him...come on...lets do it! Of course, he never backs down from a challenge and on the third one, his knee gave out. He bent over in pain and quickly made it over to the bench. My stomach dropped. I felt terrible. Sterling being the kind of guy that he is...instructed me to finish my set. I did, and then went to find Dave to take a look at his knee. It was already swelling. He put ice on it and we are hoping it is just a sprain. I felt so bad for him and guilty I had pushed him, I was sick. I truly didnt really want the poor guy to get injured!!!
Hopefully I will have a positive knee injury update to report tomorrow! I need my workout partner back!!!
Tonight, I don't know what Paul has in store for me. I am looking forward to getting my measurements taken to find out what kind of progress I am making. I plan to put in a full weekend at the gym. Sterling and I planned to meet at 8 (depending on his condition) and working tomorrow for a few hours. Then I will put in a good hour on Sunday too. I have to hold on to my second place and work as hard as I can....I have competitors on my heels!

Please continue to pray and support me through this journey. I am almost half way finished (although I know it is only the beginning!) And please pray for Sterling, pray for the healing of his knee and for the lifting of his spirits. I need my motivator and workout buddy back!
Pray for all of us who are on this journey together, and remind us how lucky we all are to get this opportunity to change our life.

1 comment:

  1. We had great fun with Charlie these past couple of days. I'm glad you and Ryan had a little break and a chance to get your workouts in, and maybe even a litle fun without juggling Charlie's schedule in the process. I think he's feeling better; just a little spoiled that's all!
    Love ya'll,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete