Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day



No green beer, no parties....not that I normally celebrate St. Patrick's Day that way! But this year my green spirit consisted of avocado (with brown rice of course...), salads, and envy for the 3rd place point holder that is on my heels!
Unfortunately Charlie decided to wake up around 3 this morning and my 5 am workout went down the tubes... I am taking him this afternoon for a check up with the ENT to make sure the infection has cleared in his ears. Poor little guy can't seem to get over this.
I made it to the gym last night for a great cardio workout, an hour and fifteen minutes on the elliptical. I am actually pretty sore this morning. I am looking forward to another great workout with Paul this afternoon. And hopefully if my strength holds up, I will be able to put in another hour after our workout tonight as well.
Sterling is still in a comfortable lead in the points. I am holding on to 2nd place right now for dear life! Eaphrame is on my heels! I beat him the week before last by a point and a half and this week I have a 4 point lead. I also need to mention that he has hit some sort of an energy rush and has already put in 6 hours in the gym this week as of yesterday!!!! I have only put in three. SO....I have some work to do, I can't lose my 2nd place standing.
In the past couple of days I have began to feel I have hit a wall in the motivation department. I am dragging. I am finding it hard to get to the gym, I am still working my tail off and getting there...but finding it very hard. I have been working harder than I have ever worked in my life and the weight is coming off at a super slow pace. Which I know is good and the healthy way...but it is easier said than done. When you are surrounded by shows like "The Biggest Loser" and people are dropping double digit weight loss each week, it feels like I should be putting up bigger numbers than 2 pounds per week. I am having a pity party...I know I am. I will keep trucking and keep giving it my all. I know this journey will not be over at the end of 12 weeks. I know that it took my a long time to put all of this weight on and it will take a while to work it all off. But I will get there. I am strong, stronger than I ever thought. I have the support and the will power to achieve this, I just have to keep going.
Perhaps what has made these last few days more difficult is seeing my biggest competitor (new favorite workout partner and motivator), Sterling, struggle too. You would think this would make me happy...but it doesn't. Sterling had a very rough day yesterday and fell off the diet and made some bad food choices. He was very down on himself last night and it broke my heart. I tried to be motivating and cheer him up, but he is not very good at listening to me! He is a leader, the motivator, and I realized more than ever how much he helps me. He is a great cheerleader and with him so down, it made it hard for me to get out of my funk too.

Prayer Requests Today:
- Pray for my 4 year-old nephew, Nathan he is having his 2nd set of tubes put in his ears this morning
- Pray for Charlie to receive good news from the ENT, and for the healing of his infection
- Pray for 5 am workouts....BIGTIME
- Pray for motivation and positive thinking
- Pray for Sterling to forgive himself for his one day of bad choices, to learn from his mistakes and jump back on the bandwagon, and start motivating me again!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This song reminds me of you....Time of my Life from David Cook:
    I've been waiting for my dreams
    To turn into something

    I could believe in
    And looking for that
    Magic rainbow
    On the horizon
    I couldn't see it
    Until I let go
    Gave into love and watched all the bitterness burn
    Now I'm coming alive
    Body and soul
    And feelin' my world start to turn

    And I'll taste every moment
    And live it out loud
    I know this is the time,
    This is the time to be
    To be more than a name
    Or a face in the crowd
    I know this is the time
    This is the time of my life
    Time of my life

    Holding onto things and vanished
    Them to the air
    Left me in pieces
    But now I'm rising from the ashes
    Finding my wings
    And all that I needed
    Was there all along
    Within my reach
    As close as the beat of my heart

    And I'll taste every moment
    And live it out loud
    I know this is the time,
    This is the time to be
    More than a name
    Or a face in the crowd
    I know this is the time
    This is the time of my life
    Time of my life

    And I'm out on the edge of forever
    Ready to run
    I'm keeping my feet on the ground
    My arms open wide
    My face to the sun

    And I'll taste every moment
    And live it out loud
    I know this is the time,
    This is the time to be
    More than a name
    Or a face in the crowd
    I know this is the time
    This is the time of my life
    Time of my life
    More than a name
    Or a face in the crowd
    This is the time
    This is the time of my life.
    This is the time of my life.
    Life
    Time of my life
    Time of my life


    Ash...this is the time of your life!!! You are rising to levels that you haven't see before and will stay at those levels. You need to find the wings to keep you flying. I know you can do it. I think of you every day and pray that you have the strength and courage to do what you are doing. Your strength and courage are so AMAZING!!! 5:00 is hard….but keep flying high. Maybe a motivational haircut or pedicure or a new workout outfit will give you a boost!!! I am by your side here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and I am Mary Poppins in the morning....I can drive by and get you!! Don't tempt me!
    We are not giving in your second place, we are retaining it and hunting for Sterling.....we are prowling, so Sterling....beware! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Never . . . Never . . . Never . . . Never Give up!” - Winston Churchill

    ReplyDelete